Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baby shower cake

About a week and a half ago, I threw a baby shower for my friend. I, of course, had to make a cake. My friend had actually seen the baby shower cake I made just over a year ago for another friend and I asked her if she wanted a cutsey cake or a dripping with chocolate decadent cake.
She said surprise me.
So, after looking at images on google, I decided I could do both!
I found the ladybug cake, but iced with white buttercream and I thought how much better it would be to cover it in chocolate glaze instead!!!!

that is the best picture I have of the ladybug


thanks to "cake boss" I remembered I could make some super easy ribbon roses out of strips of fondant and I thought it looked so cute! (not humble or anything, am I?)



and here it is, in a much cuter setting than my cluttered kitchen - my wonderful friend R. offered to have the shower in her house. We had a great time!

1 comment:

Loft-in-Paradise said...

Wow, nice job on the cake. I took the Wilton cake class and I got nothin' ;)!!!
Hey, can you email me your address? ccloftin@aol.com. I've been asking mom for it for weeks but she hasn't found it yet. Thanks