Thursday, February 18, 2010

The day when My Neighbor Totoro (となりのトトロ) takes over the world will be a happy happy day

As stated in my profile, I am currently substituting. In one of the classes, there is a teacher from Japan. As it seems to be inevitable with me, I finally divulged the fact that I am a huge, huge anime fan (you know, because I never shut up) and Ms. Y and I got to talking about the different anime and of course, My Neighbor Totoro came up (because it is like the most famous anime EVER) and I talked about how much I liked it and all. This morning she returned to tell me that her son (about 9) was soooooooooo excited that someone else knew about Totoro (I just guess that there is a lack of anime fans in West GA). She said that when they first got the movie for him when he was much younger, he would watch it over and over again. He would also go outside, gather acorns and say that they were magic. So cute (or kawaii 可愛い as they say in Japan) Well, here's to you - Ms. Y's son - the very best anime ever - a snippet I snagged from Youtube - My Neighbor Totoro

No comments: