Sunday, June 8, 2008

Great Grandma



I don't know how long this post will be because Benjamin is seriously not in the mood for me to post, but anyway. We just got back from Indiana where we visited Larry's family. During one of the days, we decided to go to his grandmother's house so that the kids could fish at her pond. I brought the camera thinking I could get some cute pics of the kids fishing. Well, the only two pictures I took were of Great Grandma holding Benjamin. But that is totally okay. I do remember one photo that my mother took of me and my great grandmother on her mother's side and that is the only memory I have of her. So for posterity's sake, I guess these two photos were the most important ones I could have taken.
I never even made it outside. I just stayed inside and talked with Grandma while I fed Benjamin. I love her so much. She is so wonderful to talk to. She will be 88 soon (on July the 5th or 7th) and she is still with it. I saw alzheimer's take over my father's mother and I know how much Larry's grandmother is still mentally there in comparison. I hope Larry's family realizes how lucky they are not to go through watching that disease slowly pick your loved one apart.
Grandma will talk about everything from when she had her first baby (which was a funny story) to her daughter's ex-boyfriend to when she went to Japan with another of her daughters. She is just so great! I am just so glad that we got to take these pictures of her with Benjamin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wholly Cow, Benjamin looks just like Peter did as a baby!! What a Doll! You didn't tell me Larry got to go with you--that's awesome. I hope you all had a great time. I hope sometime soon you will post some pictures of those other 3 cuties of yours.