Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's all about Sunday

Today Sharing time went very well. But I think I need to call any and all guest speakers that I have invited the night before. My guest speaker today was also not at church and something amazing happened - I decided I would log real quick onto sugardoodle and I quickly found a "my gospel standards" matching game - I printed up the pages and cut them (they weren't quite half and half, but it worked anyway). There were 12 pages with a gospel standard and a picture so the primary had to guess which picture went with which gospel standard. We played a matching game and it went great!
Thank goodness for last minute decisions.

Tonight for FHE:
Me - Song - The Oxcart Song (in honor of pioneer day) this time we had my laptop in here and listened and sang along with the MP3 on the lds.org website

Gabby - Prayer
Peter - Scripture - he read the first 6 or 7 verses from Genesis chapter 6 (because yes, unfortunately last week was the last time we had family scripture)
Larry - Lesson - he told the children how they needed to respect adults and to be grateful for everything that we have and how not to complain all the time - you know in true Larry lecture style
Benjamin - Game -we played hide and seek and it was a riot
Tre - snack - chocolate butterscotch fudge - he took a bag of chocolate chips, a bag of butterscotch chips a can of sweetened condensed milk and about 4 tablespoons of butter. He melted it in the double boiler and the butterscotch chips didn't quite melt, but he poured and spread the mixture in a cookie sheet and set it in the freezer. It was delicious!
This week had I Gabby pick someone to say a closing prayer and she picked Larry.
Love FHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next week:
Song - T
Prayer - M
Scripture - G
Lesson -P
Game - D
Treat - B

No comments: