Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Name that Primary Song About Love Mashup

How I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the internet. I particularly LOVE singing time blog ladies. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Do you know how GREAT you make me look each week? It is truly awesome.
This Sunday before Valentine's Day, I will celebrate that love by mashing up different ideas from different singing time divas. THANK YOU LADIES!!!!
Senior: Almost word for word from Camille's Primary Ideas
Have hearts with songs on them taped on board. (I will actually use hearts from the My Heavenly Father Loves Me, laminate them and just tape the names of the songs onto the laminated hearts.)A boy and girl come up and face each other at the table, hands behind their back. The pianist will play the first song on the list. The first one to ring the bell with the correct name of the song wins that round. For hints, the names of the songs are all posted on the chalkboard.
Her post is much more detailed - go check it out!
Junior: from Primary notes 29
We will play pass the hot heart: Pass a heart (I might actually find a valentine stuffed animal or a fake flower) around - when the piano stops, that child gets to come up and pick a heart with a song on the back. Pianist plays a few notes of the song. Child (or whole primary)tries to guess what song it is. Sing that song. 
I'll use the songs Primary Notes 29 listed:
Songs:
I Feel My Saviors Love 74
I Love To See The Temple 95
I'll Walk With You 140
I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus 78
Jesus Loved the Little Children 59
Jesus Said Love Everyone 61
Love is Spoken Here 190
Love One Another 136
Mother, I Love You 207
My Heavenly Father Loves Me 228
Oh How We Love to Stand 279
Reverence is Love 31
Teacher, Do You Love Me 178
We Are Different 263
Where Love Is 138
 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How do your kids know so many Primary songs!? We really struggle with a small selection. Any suggestions for teaching more songs quickly to increase our options?

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I post all the songs - it helps some with junior primary, but is great for the kids in senior - they can read. I can see them reading the songs I post. I really enjoy singing obscure and unknown songs. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But since I have started posting songs, it works much better. This is the blog post I wrote on posting songs: http://henckelhouse.blogspot.com/2012/11/posting-songs.html